You are here
Business Development Exec - Analytical Services
Global Market Leader - Real Career Potential
Strong Package on Offer
About Our Client
Our client is a global market leader within the analytical services industry. As a result of strong growth, there is a requirement for a new Business Development Executive. The company has a strong focus on their customers and the quality of their offerings.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities.
- Account Development planning. Analysis of clients' organisation and activities to assess the potential requirements that the clients may have for Biopharmaceutical Services. The job holder must continually develop knowledge of the outsourcing strategy of the assigned clients and develop short, medium and long term strategies that result in maximising the opportunities to provide the clients with analytical services. Account Development will involve collaboration with counterparts from other sites and business units.
- Assessment of test requirements, methods and other client supplied study specifications and information in conjunction with Project Management, Pricing Group, and other Lab functions to help design service solutions that meet clients' requirements. Overall responsibility for the provision of on time, high quality proposals that present the optimum solution for the client whilst ensuring on or above plan profitability.
- Commercial - management of contractual processes including Confidentiality agreements, Preferred provider / Master Services agreements / pricing agreements. Responsible for the resolution of commercial issues / negotiations with support and oversight from senior management
- Reporting - provision of account, activity and market status reports as required on a local or global basis as appropriate
- Continuous improvement - identification of opportunities for improvement of quality and service with client group, formulation and implementation of action plans for continuous improvement
Other tasks / duties that may be required in order to perform the role
The Successful Applicant
Education / Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience /Skills
- Finance/business training desirable.
- The job holder needs to have knowledge of the product commercialisation and manufacturing / supply chain process for their clients and markets and in particular the testing and service requirements therein. This should include knowledge of regulatory authorities, guidelines and quality systems relating to all services.
- Teamwork especially in a matrix management organisation. Ability to influence across functions across sites and across companies to achieve objectives.
- Proven networking skills - must be able to network internally across all functions and externally with client organisations and other service providers.
- Must be able to influence and be credible at a senior level internally and with client organisations.
- Capable of contributing to the strategic direction of the business and able to work with counterparts within the business globally to achieve business objectives.
- Good communication skills both internally and externally. Ability to understand clients' requirements and to be able to devise and articulate the most appropriate solutions.
What's on Offer
Our client is offering a competitive package to the successful candidate.