You are here
Health & Safety Manager
Health and Safety Manager
Health and Safety
About Our Client
My client is a leading global retailer.
As part of your role you will:
- Be innovative and drive improvements in property safety standards (Fire, Petroleum, construction & maintenance) for the ROI business including stores, shopping centres and distribution , ensuring that there are appropriate guidance and support to make the business a safe place to work and shop within the Group's Blueprint framework.
- Ensure there is a design validation process in place ensuring all our systems are compliant with law and guidance.
- Provide guidance and support to our Property teams, external contractors and suppliers regarding the safe installation of design standards in relation to all development and refurbishment projects.
- Ensure that for all new properties there is a robust procedure in place for the handover, testing, certificating and documenting storage of Property safety systems from the Property department to Retail, including providing relevant training.
- Provide expert advice in relation to our obligations regarding maintenance and inspection routines for Fire Safety systems, statutory inspections and Planned Preventative Maintenance routines.
- Fulfil the statutory role of Project Supervisor for the design stage, including the preparation of Pre-construction plans and H.S.A notification for relevant projects in accordance with construction legislation.
- Ensure that risk assessments are in place and reviewed across the estate for each property.
- Communicate technical and legal requirements in a simple and engaging way.
- Follow our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
The Successful Applicant
For this role you should also have a demonstrated track record of:
- Degree or equivalent in Health and Safety
- Post graduate qualification in Fire Safety engineering
- Member level accreditation of appropriate professional body
- CIF/IOSH PSDP qualification
- Knowledge and understanding of Fire, Petroleum and Construction Standards/Regulations
- Management experience in the construction, petroleum and/or retail environment.
- Policy development and implementation
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
What's on Offer
Competitive package for the right candidate