You are here
R&D Development Lead
About Our Client
Our Wicklow site is home to our Meat's business and is our centre of excellence within the technology. The R&D Manager role provides a really busy and exciting environment to be in while aiding a progression path in your development.
You'll work closely with the R&D Team to deliver the site R&D strategy by working in partnership with customers and colleagues to create commercially viable, market leading products that exceed consumer needs. This role is mid-senior level and previous experience in the food industry is essential along with previous experience as an NPD/R&D Manager is desirable.
- You'll need to have passion for achievement through people and a focus on creating a high performance team environment within RD&I Meats.
- To be actively involved in new revenue streams and assessing the viability of the business opportunity for both Customer and Kerry Brands. To be responsible for end to end delivery of the Customer, CDT and Branded pipelines.
- Achieve success it is critical that the Shillelagh Lead builds both internal and external relationships to bring to life the Kerry Purpose, Vision and Values of "Delighting the Tastes of Tomorrow"
- Drive a food ethos and team spirit with passion and pride to ensure we are loved by our customers & consumers for being experts within our technologies/categories.
- Support the development of a best in class function through external and internal benchmarking and drive best practice.
- Plan projects, balance workloads and provide clear direction for the NPD and NPI Teams.
- Perform regular 1:1's and create an environment where people are inspired to perform and ensure an evolving succession planning is in place.
- Develop and recognise high performance teams, individual and processes that win in the market.
- Prioritise Team IDP's. Harness strengths and build a learning & development plan for the team that supports skill gaps and development needs, both functional and individual.
- Identify the teams stakeholder map and ensure regular communication with Customer, Site Cross Functional Team, Sales and Marketing.
- Support the development of the team by seeking and actioning feedback from customers and internal stakeholders.
Market & Consumer Trends
- Maintain awareness of market, consumer and restaurant trends and competitor activity to identify business opportunities.
- Work closely with the Brand, Innovation and Operation/CDT teams to determine customer orientated and commercially viable NPD activity to support the brand and retailer agendas and deliver long term strategic growth.
- Anticipate and respond to the changing needs of our customers as they strive for competitive advantage in a volatile marketplace.
- Build relationships with Retailers and ensure customer care given by team maintaining adherence to the Kerry Purpose, Vision and Values.
- Build a working relationship at a senior level within Kerry Foods and customers outside of daily account management.
Excellence in Execution
- Ensure the transfer of quality standards to the NPD & NPI teams and champion ongoing product consistency.
- Review the quality of existing products via sensory panels. Take action where necessary.
- Optimising of existing products giving considerations to raw material efficiencies and cost.
The Successful Applicant
- Food Science/Food Technology qualification.
- Management experience in Food Industry and People Management experience.
- Commercial Acumen
- Degree in Food Science/Food Technology.
- Experience as a NPD Manager.
- Experience in dealing with multiple retailers at various levels.
- Project Management experience.
What's on Offer
Competitive package for the right candidate