You are here
Senior Consultant Fund Accounting
Excellent Senior Fund Accounting Consultant role with world leading financial in
Senior SME opportunity with supervisory and client relationship responsibilities
About Our Client
My client is a highly regarded and reputable financial services provider with a global presence serving the world's most-sophisticated clients, from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a very prestigious company that values its employees and provides excellent further career development potential.
The Senior Fund Accounting Consultant is responsible for accurately reviewing and signing off on NAV calculations. Senior Consultants are required to be the subject matter expert on the team for all fund, investment and product specific requirements.
Day to day risk management responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Ensuring the teams adhere to all Department procedures and controls. Perform Cold Reviews on NAV Packs and Checklists.
- Ensuring all Fund Accounting exceptions are understood, validated and commented on as per the Department Standard.
- Ensuring all core FA reconciliations are completed and that a regular oversight is performed
- Ensuring Performance Fee Calculations are reviewed as per GPRFG procedures and provided to the Performance Fee Panel for signoff
- Ensuring all class level Divergences are identified and are validated. Ensure the impact of Hedging is assessed and validated
- Ensuring adherence to all non-daily procedures. Eg. Distributions, Monthly Control Checks, Regulatory Tax, Perf Fee Signoff
- To initiate periodic reviews of team & department reconciliations, develop enhancements, resolve technical queries especially on Repo's, Collateral & OTC products.
- To ensure direct reports are accountable and follow Ireland FA reconciliations best practice including oversight of reconciliations saved in paperless NAV packs.
- Demonstrate and continued detailed understanding of the Fund Database, Balanced Scorecard and importance of reconciliation data entered.
- New clients- work with FA New Business, BPA & Control to determine the optimal reconciliation tools, process & statement access
The Successful Applicant
- Strong people management skills and experience of designing and implementing development plans, training plans, and succession plans for all levels of staff.
Experience of designing and implementing development plans, training plans and succession plans for all levels of staff
Detailed Knowledge of Enterprise and related Fund Accounting Applications
Understanding of how Fund Accounting systems link and interface to other systems and an appreciation of how to implement such interfaces.
Experience of representing businesses to current clients via presentations etc.
Ensure accuracy and timings are consistently achieved within the team and when not achieved actively pursue a solution. Proactive in maintaining Service Level Agreements and recognises when the SLA needs to be amended. Ensure the team adheres to SLA and fund prospectus
What's on Offer
Excellent contract position with rewarding salary and potential of further career development