You are here
Senior Financial Accountant
Central Dublin with excellent benefits
About Our Client
World leading investment and advisory organisation with a focus on leveraged-finance.
As the Senior Financial Accountant, you will be a key member of the Finance team, ensuring that the financial reporting requirements of the corporate entities are met including all statutory, regulatory, taxation and internal reporting matters. The responsibilities of the role include:
Ensuring a robust control environment for all financial reporting, to ensure compliance with all relevant obligations including Sarbanes Oxley
Maintaining the books and records of the relevant entities for group reporting purposes under US GAAP and, separately, for local statutory reporting
Preparation of regulatory returns for review, before submission to the Central Bank of Ireland and Financial Conduct Authority, including monitoring of a number of risk metrics
Preparation of VAT and corporate tax returns, understanding the requirements, and working with external tax advisors ensure a thorough review process
Enhancing management information through various means, including trend analyses and monthly commentary on the ongoing activities of the relevant entities
Managing payables and receivables across a number of corporate entities and working with the Treasury team to manage the related cash flows
Regular interaction with the Payroll team, with responsibility for accounting for various payrolls, distributions and vesting events for a number of the corporate entities
Assisting central Finance team overseas on any queries in relation to group quarterly and annual reporting
Preparation of statutory financial statements under Irish and UK GAAP, audit packs and supporting the external/internal audit process
Assist in the preparation of information for the quarterly Board Meetings for the corporate entities
The Successful Applicant
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with at least two years' post qualification experience
- A strong academic background, including exemplary leaving cert results
- Proven solid and relevant work experience in the finance service industry.
- Strong working knowledge of VAT and corporate tax essential, with knowledge of regulatory reporting an advantage
- Highly proactive individual with the ability to work on own initiative and manage competing priorities to tight reporting deadlines. Proven track record of ensuring reporting deadlines are met on a timely basis.
- Experience of financial reporting and production of statutory financial statements an advantage.
- Strong technical accounting skills, with knowledge of US GAAP an advantage.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with great attention to detail.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels.
What's on Offer
€65,000 - €70,000 plus attractive benefits and bonus