You are here
Senior Regulatory Compliance Officer
Excellent opportunity to join a highly regarded and successful FS company
Great further career development opportunity
About Our Client
My client is a very successful FS provider with its HQ office based in South Co. Dublin and a renowned presence across Europe. Reporting to the Risk Manager, the role will include developing, reviewing and enhancing regulatory policies and procedures to ensure continued compliance with prudential requirements. the position will interact directly with other key bank functions including Legal, Credit, Treasury, Finance, Risk, Human Resources, Fraud and Operations. A key part of the role will be to assist the business lines in interpretation and advise as to the application of regulatory compliance regulations, rules and requirements.
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of robust regulatory compliance policies and procedures in accordance with domestic and EU regulations.
- Research, investigate and provide clear recommendations in relation to regulatory compliance queries.
- Liaise with the Business lines and senior management on regulatory matters.
- Review new products and business initiatives as they relate to regulatory compliance.
- Collaborating with the Risk Manager in maintaining and enhancing the Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process ("ICAAP") and the Recovery Plan for the Bank.
- Ongoing monitoring and reporting of regulatory compliance across the Bank.
- Interfacing with Regulators and Internal Audit, and facilitating queries and data requests as relevant.
- Involvement in external regulatory examinations and reviews.
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines with a high level of accuracy.
- Assistance in ad-hoc projects which have a regulatory element.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong previous experience in Financial Services and in a compliance, risk, audit or internal control role.
- Awareness of key compliance and regulatory topics, including CRR/CRD IV, BRRD, DGSD, MiFID EBA guidelines, and regulatory reporting. Exposure to Irish/EU regulatory environment an advantage.
- Excellent team player with ability to take ownership of role and work under own initiative.
- Comprehensive understanding of the risk and control environment in a financial services organisation.
- Ability to operate in a matrix organisation, build relationships across business lines, strong communication skills, both written oral.
- Ability to understand and interpret regulations, regulatory guidance and apply such in a practical manner in an operational environment.
- Strong IT aptitude and excellent attention to detail.
What's on Offer
Rewarding salary and benefits for the successful candidate