You are here
Senior Technical Sales Engineer
Market Leader - Munster or Connaught
Genuine Career Progression on Offer
About Our Client
Our client are a global market leader with a strong presence and equally impressive client portfolio across the island of Ireland.
The role is a field based position with candidates ideally living in the Munster or Connaught regions. Candidates with an engineering background or similar discipline that are interested in working with customers operating within advanced manufacturing environments and selling innovative technologies are ideally suited to the role. As a Senior Technical Sales Engineer, you'll combine your technical knowledge, your customer relationship and selling skills to meet and exceed the annual sales growth target.
The ideal candidate will carry out the following responsibilities:
- Support and grow existing business. Working both independently and with the key account managers and channel partners to support and grow existing sales of products within end user customers.
- New business development. Collaborate with the customer's process development and product development teams to identify new opportunities where technologies can deliver improved performance and/or manufacturing efficiencies for the customer. Work internally with Technical and Marketing teams and externally with our channel partners to convert those opportunities into new business.
- Customer insights. Build an in-depth understanding of the customers manufacturing processes. Provide relevant technical advice on how the products can solve specific challenges and deliver increased value for the customer.
- Technical and presentation skills. Use technical and presentation skills to demonstrate to existing and prospective customers the value proposition of the products and how they may suit the customer better than competing products.
- Relationship building. Develop close working relationships with channel partners and with key decision makers and influencers within end user customers
- Customer support. Provide pre-sales and post-sales support for products. Work with the Quality and Supply Chain teams to manage any product failures or customer complaints to a satisfactory conclusion.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Strong Technical Knowledge (Engineering Degree prefferred)
- Possesses commercial awareness and selling skills.
- Ability to build internal and external relationships and operate within a multinational organisation.
- Team working ability. Possesses interpersonal and team skills necessary to perform effectively in a variety of cross-functional team situations.
- Possesses good technical and non-technical communication skills such as listening, reading, writing and speaking.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ambitious, driven and self-motivated.
Qualifications and Experience
- Engineering qualification or related discipline or significant technical sales experience.
- Preference for candidates with experience of working with or in advanced manufacturing environments.
- Field based position with candidates living within Munster or Connaught.
What's on Offer
Our client are offering a competitive package for the successful candidate.