- Barratt Developments is one of the UK's leading Housebuilder
- 5-star builder 12 years in a row
About Our Client
Barratt Developments is one of the UK's leading housebuilders, demonstrated by their recognition as 5-star builder 12 years in a row. Barratt Developments has operations throughout the UK and across their four brands delivers thousands of houses and commercial and mixed-use buildings every year.
The organisation's focus on delivering community spaces is enhanced by their community focus internally ensuring that anyone with drive and talent can pursue their ideal career. They have an excellent track record of rewarding and caring for their employees which was never more visible than during the coronavirus pandemic.
As the UK's number one housebuilder, Barratt is a key part of the UK's recovery from the coronavirus pandemic. As a result of the increased construction activity Barratt is recruiting for multiple Assistant Quantity Surveyors across the South East of England. Barratt Developments welcomes applications from outside of the UK (e.g. Ireland) and relocation support may be considered for certain roles.
As the Assistant Quantity Surveyor you will be part of a team managing cost and driving value across all Barratt projects. You will support with commercial and surveying activities for new sites and managing commercials throughout a project's delivery. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting cost control throughout the project
- Involvement in the costing of each part of a development
- Assisting in the production of reports on cost and cash-flow
- Preparation of tenders for review and supporting procurement of sub-contractors
- Producing sections of weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports
The Successful Applicant
To apply for the Assistant Quantity Surveyor position you will:
- Be studying or recently qualified in surveying
- Possess a valid CSCS card
- Be highly numerate and be able to interpret financial data
- Have at least an intermediate level of skill in MS Office and Excel
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
What's on Offer
The offer to the successful Assistant Quantity Surveyor will be an opportunity to deliver a real impact at the UK's leading housebuilder at a time of significant construction activity providing varied work.
Barratt consistently offers career progression opportunities across their divisions in the South East of England.
You will join a business with a proven history of caring for their staff as shown by the highly competitive remuneration:
- Competitive base salary (depending on experience)
- A comprehensive benefits package including bonus, travel allowance, pension, and private medical insurance
- Barratt also offers a wide range of other financial, wellbeing, and family friendly benefits. These include, but are not limited to: cycle-to-work scheme, gym membership discounts, season ticket loans, retirement planning, house purchase discount, professional qualification support, enhanced maternity/paternity and enhanced adoption pay
Barratt Developments welcomes applications from outside of the UK (e.g. Ireland) and relocation support may be considered for certain roles.