EMEA and Emerging Markets role
Join a fast growing multinational
About Our Client
Our client is fast growing Information Company who is offering software and solutions to digitalise processes and supply chains.
- Lead a team of six Financial Controllers, located in Ireland, UK, Finland, and Canada in completing the annual financial statements and statutory audits for the EMEA legal entities of the company, which number approximately 40. Manage relationships with local audit firms and other accounting service providers to ensure efficient and timely delivery of services.
- Support the corporate-based US GAAP monthly and quarterly close through the analysis of financial results and interpretation of trends, while working with the various global shared service teams to ensure accurate processing of accounting transactions.
- Provide overall financial leadership and build strong working relationships to support cross functional teams and drive key EMEA controllership initiatives. This includes partnering with cross functional teams responsible for corporate and indirect tax, transfer pricing, treasury, financial planning and analysis, M&A, corporate accounting, revenue recognition, legal and operations, among others.
- Provide support to the transfer pricing and tax groups in the fulfillment of the annual income tax requirements and provide support when subsidiaries are subject to audit from local tax authorities.
- Responsible for the review and filing of indirect tax returns and ensuring that subsidiaries are in compliance with the jurisdictional requirements.
- Manage the subsidiary life-cycle from initial acquisition or start-up through to reorganization and rationalization initiatives. Ensure subsidiaries are properly governed, appropriately capitalized, and intercompany balances are properly maintained.
- Monitor and enforce policies, procedures, and financial internal controls.
- Support the local business and operations management as needed. Provide project support, interpret accounting transactions, and help ensure timely and accurate management financial reporting.
- Support treasury and financial planning and analysis teams by providing forecast updates for legal entities within the region.
- Manage the relationship with local external auditors in getting the statutory audits completed as well as provide support for the corporate audit handled out of Canada.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have experience in a large multi-national organization in the technology sector. The individual will have a track record of increasing responsibility and be process, results, and detail orientated.
- Experience in various Accounting and Finance roles at a senior level within either the software or high-tech industries managing multiple legal entities.
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CPA qualification
- Strong knowledge of specific local GAAP requirements, including IFRS.
- Experienced in indirect (VAT) taxes and strong knowledge of legal entity jurisdictional compliance matters.
- Good knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Experienced with transfer pricing and treasury issues working in a large multi-national organization.
- Proven self-starter with the ability to balance multiple tasks of competing priorities in a changing and dynamic environment.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Experience interacting well at senior management and executive levels with a proven ability to assess business risk and escalate to management with appropriate alternatives.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with an ability to facilitate or lead cross-finance teamwork.
- Proven problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Strong analytic and decision-making abilities.
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
What's on Offer
- Join a fast growing business
- Be a part of a changing environment
- Attractive package
- EMEA and Emerging Markets coverage