International Marketing Specialist
About Our Client
My client is a leading marketer and promoter of Irish products and services and has achieved widespread international acclaim.
- Understand and support the objectives and market development strategies of food and beverage client companies targeting the German market,
- Develop and continually innovate a suite of services to assist client companies build business in the German market,
- Implement the organisation's consumer food and beverage programmes for the retail and food-service sectors,
- Manage effective relationships with target buyers in the German market,
- Build the organisation's market intelligence capability in the German and Austrian Markets
- Recruit new buyers and develop relationship of current buyers to participate in inward buyer visits or other buyer contact events organised in both Ireland and the relevant markets
- Build new and develop existing business relationships with target buyers.
- Assist in development of consumer food plans consistent with strategic objectives and provide input for internal report requests
- Train and manage assigned junior staff
- Mentor 2-3 fellows completing 9-12 commercial assignments
- Manage and coordinate business development programmes with target accounts.
- To provide relevant and timely market information, both proactively and re-actively to Irish partner clients and to share with colleagues. To deliver customised services to client companies including store checks, distributor searches, lead generation, buyer appointments, bespoke research projects, buyer profiles and translations where necessary.
- Follow market developments closely to identify opportunities for client companies in both retail and food-service sectors
- Work closely with and effectively manage service providers, such as expert mentors
- Participate at conferences and trade fairs to network with the trade and to keep up to date with issues likely to impact on the Irish food and drink industry
- Monitor changes in market trends, product innovation, and company performance within the sector and circulate regularly to the industry via Food Alert every six weeks.
- Organise and coordinate market study visits for both groups and individual companies.
- Identify potential experts in key skills sets such as supply chain, logistics, retail buying, branding that can assist Irish companies to be more successful in the marketplace.
- Manage and monitor budgets on an ongoing basis and provide reports when required
- Provide regular insight and information to Ambassadors and Embassies of Ireland on the Irish food and drink industry opportunity and priority in their markets.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree level qualification in relevant discipline, e.g. Business Marketing
- Specialisation in international marketing an advantage
- Membership of relevant professional bodies e.g. Marketing Institute of Ireland or other appropriate is advantageous
- Fluent German and English advantageous
- 3 + years experience operating in a marketing role in Ireland, Britain or international markets
- Experience researching markets, analysing and interpreting information
- Successful introduction of high profile marketing programmes or events
- Knowledge of the Irish Food, Drink and Horticulture sector
- Proven record of working independently in the marketplace
- Experience managing staff
- Proven experience of building credible professional relationships with senior executives, diplomats and politicians both in Ireland and the Marketplace.
- Proven experience operating professionally in different cultures.
- Budget management experience
What's on Offer
Competitive salary for the right candidate.