Payroll Manager - maternity contract
Dublin 2 location
US biopharmaceutical company
About Our Client
Our client is a multinational, US listed biopharameutical company. They are a high-performing, team based organization, where colleagues are flexible, multi-skilled and empowered to make decisions.
- Review and manage complex monthly payrolls
- Work closely with our tax colleagues in relation to all payroll related matters
- Manage and resolve payroll and T&A software issues
- Implement payroll initiatives in order to streamline the payroll process
- Focus on continuous improvement and standardisation of payroll operations and systems
- To manage and oversee all aspects of our risk management procedures
- Communicate and support cross-functional goals and objectives
- Participate in payroll process improvement projects, testing, service innovations, automation, systems enhancements, etc.
- Implement permitted salary sacrifice arrangements if requested in each jurisdiction including travel tickets, cycle to work, childcare, pension contributions, APSS scheme etc.
- In redundancy situations, ensure employee options within local legislation rules are communicated accurately and taxed appropriately.
- The role also requires an understanding of the cost and value of Other Benefits in both jurisdictions, such as company cars, pensions, health insurance, life insurance and income continuance. The ability to provide clear analysis to management and negotiate with Benefit providers to secure best value for both the company and employees will be key.
- Experience of dealing with situations where staff perform a large part of their duties while working in more than one income tax jurisdiction - STBV's, Expat Employees, Seconded Employees, Modified Payroll's etc
- Preparation and return of annual year end declarations - P11d's, P42, PSA, Director emoluments etc
- Experience with running payroll processes for share options and RSU's across EUMEA. Returning RSS1's and RTSO's for expat employees to local authorities.
- Management of EUMEA payroll team, including development and mentoring
- Recruit and retain a highly engaged and competent team
- Define roles and responsibilities and priorities within the team and delegate workload as appropriate
- Setting goals and objectives for the team and monitoring against those goals
- Establishing and measuring against metrics and KPI's
- Liaise with the Reporting, Audit and Compliance Manager in providing required information to external and internal auditors.
The Successful Applicant
- A minimum of 3-5 years' management experience in Payroll
- Strong knowledge and understanding of EUMEA payroll taxes
- Proven record in implementing payroll procedures/processes
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well as part of a team
- Strong supervisory skills and ability to manage, co-ordinate and oversee the team's daily workflow
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Logical approach to problem solving and decision-making
- Experience at managing / reviewing multiple complex payrolls
- Proven track record at managing tight turnaround times with ability to meet strict deadlines, without compromise to quality
- High level of integrity
What's on Offer
- This is an attractive opportunity for someone looking to join a new industry/large multinational and expand their career across payroll management and projects
- The candidate will be on contract with this client for approx 9 months but this may extend
- There is an attractive salary on offer
- New office space and close to luas and other public transport