Procurement and Contracts Officer
Public Procurement experience necessary
6 month contract - immediate start
About Our Client
Our Galway based client requires a Procurement Contractors officer for an initial period of 6 months to start immediately.
- Report to Head of Procurement on the level of procurement compliance
- Support the annual Audit from a procurement perspective
- Schedule the corrective actions of all procurement related audit findings with Budget Holders and ensure they are completed timely.
- Establish centralised procurement Framework Agreements for relevant categories of supplies and services (non works spends) and review appropriately for achievement of VFM through participation in cross functional teams.
- Supporting Budget Holders with the tendering/ evaluation / award of contracts for supplies and services >€25k.
- Assist Head of Procurement in identifying and implementing appropriate systems to support increased procurement compliance.
The Successful Applicant
Successful candidate will have:
- A recognised Procurement qualification or equivalent experience (minimum of 2 years) of working in a procurement function in a public sector procurement environment or equivalent environment.
- A track record of completing procurement related projects
- Good communication and influencing skills.
What's on Offer
- 6 month initial contract
- Large fast paced environment
- Close to public transport and amenities
- Attractive salary