- Fantastic opportunity to join a market leading organisation
- Looking for a commercial Product Manager to grow their distribution business
About Our Client
Omya is a leading global producer of industrial minerals, mainly mineral additives and pigments derived from calcium carbonate, dolomite and perlite - and a worldwide distributor of speciality chemicals. The company provides a wealth of innovative product solutions that contribute to it's customers' competitiveness and productivity in multiple industries such as Construction, Paper & Board, Polymers, Food and Personal & Home Care. Omya further provides Environmental Solutions targeting the agricultural, water and energy markets. Founded in 1884 in Switzerland, Omya has a global presence extending to more than 160 locations in over 50 countries with 9,000 employees. Committed to implementing the principles of sustainability at all company levels, Omya provides added value products and services from responsibly sourced materials to meet the essential needs of current and future generations.
The Product Manager will work within the Distribution side of the business and will be responsible for the Polymer product portfolio across the UK & Nordics. This role will be responsible for the technical and commercial support of 5 Principle Distributors as well as a number medium sized accounts. In this role you will be the key interface between the supplier the sales team and the customer, providing strong technical support as well as being accountable for the commercial strategy. You will be tasked with developing the current product portfolio, as well as looking to develop new applications in order to increase market penetration.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Continued development of the current product portfolio, which consists of Polymer Additives and Rubber Chemicals applied in a wide number of applications.
- Work in conjunction with your principles to agree the commercial strategy, ensuring that they are in line with company expectations.
- Conduct thorough market analysis, activity reports and negotiate tariffs to ensure the successful delivery of the sales strategy.
- Support the sales team as well as end users technically as well as providing additional support where appropriate.
- Through consistent market analysis, you will set and agree prices to deliver both revenue and margin growth.
- Working alongside your European counterparts, you will ensure that there is a consistent approach to the Polymer business across all regions.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will demonstrate the below competencies:
- A strong technical background, ideally having a Chemistry degree or equivalent experience within the Polymer industry.
- A proven track record of overachieving sales targets in a direct sales role or a commercial product management position.
- Previous experience having worked for a manufacturer or distributor of speciality chemicals, preferably within Polymers, additives and elastomers, is a necessity for this position.
- Excellent communication skills and able to build strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Be located within the UK or Nordics and be expected to travel when required.
What's on Offer
Competitive package depending upon experience