- Barratt Developments is one of the UK's leading Housebuilder
- 5-star builder 12 years in a row
About Our Client
The organisation's focus on delivering community spaces is enhanced by their community focus internally ensuring that anyone with drive and talent can pursue their ideal career. They have an excellent track record of rewarding and caring for their employees which was never more visible than during the coronavirus pandemic.
As the UK's number one housebuilder, Barratt is a key part of the UK's recovery from the coronavirus pandemic. As a result of the increased construction activity Barratt is recruiting for multiple Technical Coordinators across the South East of England. Barratt Developments welcomes applications from outside of the UK (e.g. Ireland) and relocation support may be considered for certain roles.
As the Quantity Surveyor you will be part of a team managing cost and driving value across projects. You will undertake commercial and surveying activities for new sites and manage commercials throughout a project's delivery. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining cost control procedures and consistently managing project budgets
- Production of weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports
- Contribute to design options to ensure best value
- Compile site start budget to ensure timely commencement of construction and marketing
- Prepare tenders and oversee procurement of sub-contractors
- Process sub-contractor orders, payments, and variations using Excel and COINS
- Keep abreast of any potential changes to construction methods or materials which may impact on cost
The Successful Applicant
To apply for a Quantity Surveyor position you will:
- Be a qualified surveyor
- Possess a valid CSCS card
- Demonstrate a background in managing project budgets for residential developments
- Have the ability to contribute positively to the resolution of cost issues
- Be highly numerate and be able to interpret financial data
- Have a high IT proficiency (MS Excel)
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
What's on Offer
The offer to the successful Quantity Surveyor will be an opportunity to deliver a real impact at the UK's leading housebuilder at a time of significant construction activity providing varied work.
Barratt consistently offers career progression opportunities across their divisions in the South East of England.
You will join a business with a proven history of caring for their staff as shown by the highly competitive remuneration:
- Competitive base salary (depending on experience)
- A comprehensive benefits package including bonus, travel allowance, pension, and private medical insurance
- Barratt also offers a wide range of other financial, wellbeing, and family friendly benefits. These include, but are not limited to: cycle-to-work scheme, gym membership discounts, season ticket loans, retirement planning, house purchase discount, professional qualification support, enhanced maternity/paternity and enhanced adoption pay
Barratt Developments welcomes applications from outside of the UK (e.g. Ireland) and relocation support may be considered for certain roles.